Request a Repeat Prescription
- Prescription requests are processed in the order that they are received and we endeavour to issue a prescription within 3 working days.
- In addition to this, please allow time for your pharmacy to dispense your medication.
Sick Day Rules
You may be prescribed one or more medicines that you should temporarily stop if you suffer from vomiting, diarrhoea or fever.
They can put you at higher risk of becoming more seriously unwell.
When you are unwell with any of the following:
- Vomiting or diarrhoea (unless only minor)
- Fevers, sweats and shaking (unless only minor)
Then STOP taking the medicines listed below.
Restart when you are well (after 24 to 48 hours of eating and drinking normally)
If you are in any doubt, or if your symptoms do not settle after 48 hours, please contact the surgery for advice about these medicines from the doctor.
The list below is not exhaustive as you may also be prescribed medicines that were initiated by a specialist that suppress your immune system (immunosuppressants). This could include DMARDS, biologics, JAK inhibitors or chemotherapy agents. These are usually stopped if you have an infection but you should speak to your specialist centre about this.
- ACE inhibitors: medicines ending in ‘pril’ e.g. Ramipril, Captopril, Enalapril, Fosinopril, Imidapril, Lisinopril, Perindopril, Quinapril, Trandolapril
- ARBs: medicines ending in ‘sartan’ e.g. Losartan, Candesartan, Eprosartan, Irbesartan, Olmesartan, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Azilsartan
- Diuretics (water pills) e.g. Bumetanide, Furosemide, Indapamide, Bendroflumethiazide, Eplerenone, Spironolactone, Coamilofruse, Co-amilozide, Co-flumactone, Co-tenidone, Torasemide, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amiloride, Triamterene, Chlortalidone, Cotriamterzide, Cyclopenthiazide, Metolazone, Xipamide
- Oral NSAIDS (anti-inflammatories) e.g. Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Diclofenac, Indometacin, Ketoprofen, Mefenamic acid, Meloxicam, Nabumetone, Piroxicam, Sulindac, Tenoxicam, Tiaprofenic acid, Etodolac, Etoricoxib, Flurbiprofen, Aceclofenac, Acemetacin, Celecoxib, Dexketoprofen, High dose aspirin (not including the 75mg dose)
- Some Diabetes Medicines: Metformin, Canagliflozin, Dapagliflozin, Empagliflozin, Ertugliflozin
If you have any questions or concerns please telephone the surgery on 01903 234 844 and ask to speak to a Medical Professional.
Use the NHS App
Worthing Medical Group would like to invite you to use The NHS App
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
The simplest and quickest way to order your repeat medication is by using the NHS App which links directly to your prescription record at the practice.
Order Online with Patient Access
You can order your repeat prescription online using Patient Access
You can order your repeat prescription online using Patient Access.
The simplest and quickest way to order your repeat medication is by using Patient Access which links directly to your Prescription record at the Practice.
If you're not registered with our online services, you can use our online form
If you do not have a Patient Access account, you can still order your repeat prescription via our online Repeat Prescription form. No account required.
You can call us to leave a voicemail of your request.
Phone the surgery on 01903 234844 and Press Option 3
You can post your prescription slip or written request to us at the Practice
Please attach a stamped addressed envelope if you require the prescription to be sent to you.
In exceptional circumstances, we are able to process an urgent request for medication outside of our normal time frame.
To use this service you will need to call the surgery or complete an urgent request form.
We aim to complete urgent requests received before 1pm after 6pm the same working day, and requests received after 1pm will be ready the next working day.
Please speak to your pharmacy to confirm your medication is available.
Please note that the surgery email address is not suitable for any prescription requests or queries, please contact the surgery using the above methods. Thank you
Friends An Alzheimer's Society initiative
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.